Work is essential for realizing other human rights and it forms an inseparable and inherent part of human dignity. Employment of persons with disabilities is about the opportunity to gain a living by work freely chosen or accepted in a labour market and work environment that is open, inclusive and accessible.
Hence, the Zero Project 2017 is focusing on Work, Employment, and Vocational Education and Training, and our call for nominating innovative policies has just been launched!
Any type of policy can be nominated, concerning:
- any form of work (employment, own-use production work, volunteer work, trainee work),
- any status of employment (employees, employers, own-account workers, members of producers’ cooperatives, contributing family workers and other) and
- all phases of employment (including recruitment, hiring and employment, advancement and conditions of work), including those innovations that facilitate the transition from segregated settings to forms of employment in the open labour market.
Consider, for instance, policies concerning:
- the transition from school to work,
- technical and vocational guidance,
- placement services and assistance in finding, obtaining, maintaining and returning to employment,
- vocational and continuing training, inclusive apprenticeships,
- adaptations to the workplace, job design, tools, machinery and work organisation,
- self-employment, entrepreneurship, cooperatives and starting one’s own business,
- financial incentives and tax exemptions,
- just and favourable working conditions,
- career advancement,
- part-time employment and other job arrangements,
- supported employment,
- coordination with other services (e.g. embedding employment specialists in clinical treatment teams),
- peer support,
- train-the trainer-programmes,
- disability-inclusive social security or
- certification of companies.
You know about an outstanding policy? Nominate it!
Submitting a nomination is easy:
If selected, the nomination will be included as an “Innovative Policy 2017” in the Zero Project Report and on our Website. Nominated organizations as well as their nominators will be invited to become part of the Zero Project expert network. Moreover, representatives of the most outstanding Innovative Policies will be invited to present at the Zero Project Conference in February 2017 in Vienna (Austria).
We are looking forward to receiving your nomination!
This article was originally published on zeroproject.org