5 March 2015, Geneva: Side event at the Human Rights Council
- H.E. Lenín Voltaire MORENO GARCES, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Disability and Accessibility (video)
- Catalina DEVANDAS, Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Lisa MCNABB, Down Syndrome International: What means Independent Living for me?
- Nadia HADAD, European Network on Independent Living: My human rights through Independent Living?!
- Frédérique WIEMEIJER, Essl Foundation & Ingrid HEINDORF, World Future Council: The Zero Project Report 2015 on Independent Living & Political Participation – Social Indicators, Innovative Practices and Policies
- H.E. Thani THONGPHAKDI, Permanent Representative of Thailand to the UN in Geneva,
- H.E. Regina Cordeiro DUNLOP, Permanent Representative of Brazil to the UN in Geneva, &
- H.E. Yisheng REN, Minister Counsellor of China to the UN in Geneva