https://www.worldfuturecouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/28_Human_Rights_Council.jpg 400 600 Alexandra Schiffmann https://www.worldfuturecouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/wfc-logo-en-without-band-website-bigger-1-300x115.png Alexandra Schiffmann2015-03-05 09:41:282016-07-04 08:20:35Independent Living for All - Side event at the 28th Human Rights Council
5 March 2015, Geneva: Side event at the Human Rights Council
On the occasion of the 28th session of the Human Rights Council, the Permanent Mission of Austria and the International Disability Alliance, together with the ten other Permanent Missions, as well as the European Network on Independent Living, with support of the Zero Project, held a side event on “Independent Living for All: Towards Inclusive and Sustainable Societies”. The event, which took place at Palais des Nations, on 5th March 2015, was attended by about 60 representatives from permanent missions, including seven Ambassadors. Moderated by H.E. Thomas Hajnoczi, Permanent Representative of Austria to the UN in Geneva, the following speakers took the floor:
- H.E. Lenín Voltaire MORENO GARCES, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Disability and Accessibility (video)
- Catalina DEVANDAS, Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Lisa MCNABB, Down Syndrome International: What means Independent Living for me?
- Nadia HADAD, European Network on Independent Living: My human rights through Independent Living?!
- Frédérique WIEMEIJER, Essl Foundation & Ingrid HEINDORF, World Future Council: The Zero Project Report 2015 on Independent Living & Political Participation – Social Indicators, Innovative Practices and Policies
- H.E. Thani THONGPHAKDI, Permanent Representative of Thailand to the UN in Geneva,
- H.E. Regina Cordeiro DUNLOP, Permanent Representative of Brazil to the UN in Geneva, &
- H.E. Yisheng REN, Minister Counsellor of China to the UN in Geneva