From 17 to 20 October 2016 HABITAT III, the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development, will be held in Quito, Ecuador. At the HABITAT III conference, Governments are expected to adopt the New Urban Agenda that will guide the sustainable and inclusive development of the world’s cities for next 20 years.
On Thursday 20th October, the World Future Council is organizing an official Habitat III side event entitled “Heading towards the Regenerative City: The impact of Inclusiveness and Accessibility”. It will be held from 9:30 until 10:30 in Room 14 of the Habitat III venue. The discussion will explore the synergies and overlaps between inclusiveness, accessibility and the concept of the Regenerative City. The key objective of the event is to showcase how inclusiveness links to the concept of the Regenerative city, and more generally to environmental sustainability. By exploring the synergies between inclusiveness and sustainability, the discussion will put emphasis on the need to adopt a cross-sectoral approach to policy making, fundamental to solve the range of interconnected challenges facing cities today.
Date & Time: Thursday 20th October 2016 from 09:30am – 10:30am
Location: Room 14, La Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana, Quito
Video Message from:
- Daniela Bas, Director of the Division of Social Policy and Development, UN DESA
- Victor Pineda, President of the Pineda Foundation and Senior Research Fellow at the University of Berkley, USA
- Michael Fembek, Director of the Zero Project
- Stefan Schurig, Director, Climate, Energy and Cities, World Future Council, Germany
- Zhenshan Zhang, UN-Habitat, China
- Mrs. Anna Maria Curcuruto, Councillor for Territorial Planning, Landscape, and Housing Policies of the Puglia Region, Italy
- Filippo Boselli, Policy Officer, WFC
For more information please contact Filippo Boselli, Policy Officer at the World Future Council (Filippo.Boselli@worldfuturecouncil.org)