WORLD FUTURE COUNCIL – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 28th 2017
The World Future Council (WFC) consists of 50 eminent global change-makers from governments, parliaments, civil society, academia, the arts and the business world. The WFC addresses challenges to our common future and provides decision-makers with effective policy solutions.
For its Head Office in Hamburg, the World Future Council is looking for a full-time
Media and Communications Manager
- Develop media strategy and implementation plan
- Coordinate on- and offline communications activities on an international level for all working areas (in partnership with Programme Managers)
- Coordinate Fundraising activities
- Identify press opportunities, working proactively to position the WFCs global and national messages to key targeted audiences
- Develop positive relationships with the media and maintain up-to-date media contacts
- Oversee development of on- and offline publications such as the monthly newsletter, leaflets, brochures, annual report
- Manage website strategy and content, review opportunities for development
- Managing all social media activity and seeking opportunities to increase followers and develop advertising strategies
- Maintain and develop regular reporting mechanisms to monitor success of all communications activities (including quarterly media evaluations)
- Plan, manage and monitor the communications budget
- Line-manage communications staff
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and German
- Experience of working with content management systems
- An eye for visual and creative communication.
- Social media affinity (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn Flickr).
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple units simultaneously.
- Video/ film experience
- Experience with graphic design (Photoshop/InDesign) an asset
- EU work permit is required
An initial one-year contract is offered. It is envisaged that the contract will be renewed after this period. To apply, please email a cover letter and CV with your possible starting date and salary expectations to email@example.com. Subject heading: Application title and your name.
Deadline for applications: February 28th 2017. Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.